Martini?


Father O'Brian, a young priest, was sent to a very small church in the backwoods of Alaska. After a couple of years the Bishop decided to pay the priest a visit to see how he was doing.

Father O'Brian said "this is a very lonely job and I don't think that I could have made it this long without my Rosary and two martinis each day."


"What?!" Exclaimed the Bishop. "You've taken to drinking? What kind of example is that to set for the community? This doesn't reflect well on the church."


"But the loneliness, I just couldn't stand it. If it weren't for my Rosary and those two martinis a day, I would surely have gone insane."


The Bishop thought a moment, then said "I guess that is understandable considering..."


With that the priest said to the Bishop, "Would you like to have a martini with me?"


The Bishop said, "well, I really shouldn't but...Yes, that would be nice. I think I will, but just this once."


The priest turned around and hollered toward the kitchen, "Hey Rosary, would you fix us two martinis please?"

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook Add To Reddit RSS Google Bookmarks Meneame