Police



A Federal Police officer turned up at a farm in outback NSW and accosted the owner.

‘I’ve come to search your property for possible illicit drug cultivation,’ he said. ‘Just a routine inspection.’

The old farmer said, ‘No worries, son, feel free to take a look around.’ Then he added, ‘But don’t go in that field over there,’ as he pointed to a paddock to the north.

The policeman’s eyes narrowed for a moment, and then he reached into his pocket and brandished his Drug Squad identity and badge of office.

‘D’you see this badge, sir? This badge means that I have the full authority of the Australian Government behind me. This badge says I am allowed to go anywhere I damn well please, on anybody’s land, at any time, no questions asked or answers given. Do I make myself clear?’

The old cocky nodded politely and went back to mending his fence.

A short time later, the peace was shattered by a series of shouts and screams. When the old boy looked up, he saw the policeman running for his life, with a huge Santa Gertrudis bull in hot pursuit, steadily gaining on him.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his voice, ‘Your badge, your badge… show him your badge!’

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook Add To Reddit RSS Google Bookmarks Meneame