Memorable Thoughts


The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible. --George Burns

Santa Claus has the right idea ... Visit people only once a year. --Victor Borge


What would men be without women? Scarce, sir .. mighty scarce. --Mark Twain


By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. --Socrates


I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. --Groucho Marx


My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe. --Jimmy Durante


The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness and kindness, can be trained to do most things. --Jilly Cooper


I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back. -- Zsa Gabor


Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine


Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. --Mark Twain


Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. --Spike Milligan


What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money. --Henny Youngman


Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was 'shut up.' --Joe Namath


Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. --Herbert Henry Asquith


I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. --Bob Hope


A woman drove me to drink ... and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her. --W.C. Fields


It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. --George Burns


The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good ... spit it out. --Unknown


By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere. --Billy Crystal

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook Add To Reddit RSS Google Bookmarks Meneame